Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba, sssd, Active Directory, NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS, NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 04:16:10 +0000
Bob Tanner via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Apr 23, 2017, at 10:15 PM, Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth
> > <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Based on the smb.conf
> > that you posted, it looks like you only want to be able to
> > authenticate using the active directory server (i.e. I don't see
> > any shares).
>

> I did not include the share as I didn’t think it was relevant.
> Included now.
>
> [global]
>     workgroup = CORP
>     realm = CORP.CELADONSYSTEMS.COM
>     server string = samba-2
>     security = ADS
>     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>
>     log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>
>     logon script = %U.bat
>     load printers = no

You have an authentication problem, there is nothing in your smb.conf
that does authentication, you are using sssd for authentication, hence
it must be an sssd problem.

sssd uses a version of a winbind lib, so you shouldn't have them both
installed.

Setting up sssd isn't any easier than setting up winbind, for one
thing, there is only one conf file if you use winbind.

If you want to try setting up winbind, there is lots of help on the
Samba wiki and for any clarification, there is always this mailing list.