Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] kerberos got crazy after ubuntu upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04

On Sun, 2017-04-23 at 13:54 +0200, Jakub Kulesza via samba wrote:
> I did stop it. And everything went back to life.
>
> I wonder why it did work this way on 14.04... 37 years on the clock
> and
> life still surprises me :)

When you upgrade, the package installation scripts can run, so this may
have triggered something that wasn't fully disabled previously.  Or it
might have been enabled but Samba started first in the past, blocking
the port, so you never noticed :-)

> Thanks guys, issue looks solved.
>
> If anyone's in Warsaw/PL, beer's on me.

:-)

The closest I'll likely get is SambaXP next week in Germany, but
thanks!

Andrew Bartlett