Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba AD with internal DNS: Can't resolve aliases anymore

El 22/04/17 a les 11:27, Dirk Heinrichs via samba ha escrit:
Hi,

I've setup a Samba 4 based AD server a while ago and everything was
working fine for some time. However, since a few days it seems it
doesn't resolve aliases anymore. I can query them using the host
command, but a simple ping then fails to resolve the name:

% host alias1
alias1.altum.de is an alias for server1.
% ping alias1
ping: alias1: Name or service not known
% ping alias1.altum.de
ping: alias1.altum.de: Name or service not known
% cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.102
search altum.de

Check nsswitch.conf. Make sure you just have "iiles dns" in the hosts line.

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007