Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Speed tuning

I have a Rootserver-> V-Server -> vpn-> samba connection. -1 GBit/s-Port: Granted 200 MBit/s: MAX 1 GBit/s: ...

Using vpn direct I get the maximum speed of the local internet connection about 6MiB/s Using samba the maximum speed is about 2,6 MiB/s for a single download and twice 2.2MiB/s for a double download

Upload is the same as my internet connection 1MiB/s
I increased the speed with changing some values in the smb.conf, but i am not able to set it to the maximum speed

socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=524288 SO_SNDBUF=524288 SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY
log level = 0
min receivefile size = 65536
use sendfile = true
aio read size = 65536