Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba AD DC autenticated by non-AD Kerberos (~ Re: Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?)

On 2017-04-20, 07:46, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
I don't think you can.

It will be very sad if that's the case, since it means Samba is not adequate tool for this purpose. If we need to manage separate passwords database anyway, no difference than just have the Windows support person setup a Windows box to do the file sharing.

I was hoping to convince decission maker to use Samba with real advantage to integrate with main LDAP/Kerberos ID management infrastructure. It will be sad to see that this is something that cannot be done by FOSS community.

just what do you need to get to work with AD,

The LDAP/Kerberos is already established - extensively used and secured - so it won't go anywhere. I want to use Samba but it has to be integrated into existing authentication mechanism.

--
   ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
  /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/