Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] doubt

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, i need join 1 server Linux in Active Directory, i need too, create
> one domain in samba for shared printers with cups.
>
> But i need use users and groups of ad with shared in samba. This is my
> idea. I use samba winbind for read user and groups, i testing with apache
> and ssh, with this applications, working,  but for shareding no. Does have
> any idea?

still not quite clear.  it sounds like you want to have this server host an
AD as well as join one, but it doesn't seem like you actually need that.

you can have samba as a member server providing file and print services in
external AD domain.