Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] set file permission 755 in samba

stay on list and avoid HTML mails

Am 16.04.2017 um 07:17 schrieb Fatemeh Mehdizadeh:
Thanks for your reply

Where should I set file on a smb share permission. I changed the smb config as below:

*create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
force create mode = 0644

which means only owner has permissions to write

example:
My pool is named : *storage*
I have a dataset int pool named: *test*

I set acl on *test*:
*setfacl -m u:user1:rwxp:allow storage/test/

*
Now, user1 connect to server with samba from his system. he create a file named salary.txt and a folder named clients.
the permissions are:
*
#ls -l
drwxr-xr-x  5 user1  wheel   clients
-rw-r--r--  1 user1 ***wheel*  salary.txt

*
user1 from his system cannot delete/modify salary.txt although he has write permission.

Would you please help me to figure out the mistake?
Thanks

this has still nothing to do with the wrong topic of "755 for files" which you could have easily verify by chmod it manually - your original post did not contain any information about permissions problems besides "don't look like i want them to look"

which client?

for OSX clients we had enough of what Finder thinks he has permissions and ended whith enforce read/write for everyone on the filesystem and control access only with write list / read list for groups in the smb share configs

if samba then only would ignore any chmod requests from the clients and enforce "inherit permissions = yes" and "inherit acls = yes" unconditional