Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Joining Samba4 to existing AD

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:54:42 -0500
Erick Ocrospoma <zipper1790@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I changed my /etc/hosts and looks like this:
> [root@lim-inf1-dns-02 ~]# cat /etc/hosts
>   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
> localhost4.localdomain4
> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
> localhost6.localdomain6
>      dc-01.example.com  dc-01
>  dc-02.example.com  dc-02
> So, to be clear, dc-01.example.com is the Windows AD hostname.
> dc-02.example.com is the linux machine itself

Remove the windows machine, it shouldn't be there.

The AD DC should be found by DNS, is the windows DC running a DNS
server ?

All you really need in /etc/hosts is: localhost
::1 localhost  dc-02.example.com  dc-02

I wonder if you need to pre-create the new DCs dns info in AD before
the join ?