Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Require help on removing SAMBA

stay on list!

Am 11.04.2017 um 12:08 schrieb M, Suganthi:
Thanks for your reply . I am not able to find people who installed it because it was done around 10 years back but I am requested to remove it from our SOLARIS10 server now . I am able to see samba in /etc/samba which has private folder and conf file. Please let me know if you can help with executable commands with steps for removing SAMBA.

i typed in google "http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=471016";
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=471016

as you have no idea how your machine is setup and there exists no documentation in your company you have 3 options:

* just disable the service and don't touch anything else
* setup a new machine with documentation
* just google around

this is *not* just a samba specific question

i would setup a new machine when obviously nobody has a clue about the software state and someone expects me to take over responisbility for a setup without documentation and a known state

-----Original Message-----
From: samba [mailto:samba-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Reindl Harald via samba
Sent: 11 April 2017 03:27 PM
To: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] Require help on removing SAMBA

Am 11.04.2017 um 11:34 schrieb M, Suganthi via samba:
Can you please guide us to remove SAMBA 3.0.24 completely from our
SOLARIS Server as we don't require it anymore?

nobody knows how you installed it and so even nobody knows locations of data which on many package driven systems are below /etc/samba and /var/lib/samba

anyways, that's more a operating system related question