Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4 account with a 'ldbmodify-ed' password does not login into domain from a Windows 7 VM

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:47:59 +0000
Leonardo Bruno Lopes via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any chance that this could mean I only need to wipe
> 'supplementalCredentials' attribute -- I saw that it is possible --
> after set the password with 'ldbmodify'? Unfortunately I can't get
> this tested until tomorrow.

try using something like this in your script:

ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb --controls=local_oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.4.3.12:0 << EOF
dn: CN=User,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
changetype: modify
replace: unicodePwd
unicodePwd:: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-
EOF

Making the obvious changes of course ;-)