Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] parameter "Password must change" doesn't work correctly

Hi Petr,

Am 05.04.2017 um 09:30 schrieb PeSe via samba:
I have problem with samba in AD domain mode. When I change parameter
"Password must change" to 0 for some users windows doesn't open dialog for
password changing during first login. User login to windows with expired
password and cannot open network shares.

I cannot confirm this using Windows 10 and Samba 4.6.0:
I set pwdLastSet to 0 and when the user tries to log in, he must change the password. If you press "Cancel", you are back at the login.
http://picpaste.de/pics/screenshot-v3Kcu3Ej.1491404762.png

You said "...for some users...". If this does not happen for all, the next step is to find out what differs in the user attributes. To display all attributes of a user, enter on a Samba DC:

# ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb 'sAMAccountName=user_name'

Compare a working and a non-working account.

pdbedit list of problem user

This utility is not really compatible with AD. Especially not if you try to set something. :-)

Did you use pdbedit to set this flag? Then I'm sure this is the cause. Instead use:
# ldbedit -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb 'sAMAccountName=user_name'
or RSAT, or any LDAP client.

Regards,
Marc