Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Key table name malformed

Hi Louis,

On 04/05/2017 07:51 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
Yes, post the complete smb.conf.. when what os your running.
Then we can have a look better whats going on.

Here is the smb.conf for the debian 8.7 domain member server running samba 4.6.1:
root@processing:~# cd /etc/samba/
root@processing:/etc/samba# cat smb.conf

netbios name = processing
workgroup = WKRGRP
security = ADS

kerberos method = secrets and keytab
winbind refresh tickets = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
winbind enum users  = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

idmap config *:backend = tdb
idmap config *:range = 1000000-1000999
idmap config INTECH:backend = ad
idmap config INTECH:schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config INTECH:range = 500-999999
idmap config INTECH:unix_nss_info = yes

winbind nss info = rfc2307

log level = 3

Here is smb.conf for the DC2, running samba 4.5.6 on debian 7.11:
root@DC2:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
	workgroup = WKRGRP
	realm = samba.company.com
	netbios name = DC2
	dns forwarder =
      allow dns updates = nonsecure

      server signing = mandatory
      ntlm auth = yes
      ldap server require strong auth = no
	printing = bsd
	log level = 3
      idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/samba.company.com/scripts
	read only = No

	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
	read only = No
      acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

This domain seems to be mostly running fine for some years, ever since samba 4.1.16 or so.

I realise that my realm on the DC is written in lower case. However testparm shows it uppercase, and everyting has always been running good, that why I was afraid to change it to capitals. It's lower case ONLY in the smb.conf on the three the DCs. Everywhere else in caps.