Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPO administration right on the station for ordinary user

Doesn't this work in your installation? What happens if you don't set the filter?

Some months ago my GPOs suddenly stopped being applied. After much head scratching I found that a Windows 7 security update had brought a change of behavior on the part of the Windows 7 clients.

MS16-072: Security update for Group Policy: June 14, 2016

The following page explains the issues and the corrective measures.

In sum, the "Authenticated Users" and "Domain Computers" group MUST have Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO).

I reported this problem and its solution to this list:

To be more more clear (and somewhat emphatic), the exact same GPOs that had stopped being applied started working immediately when I applied to them the Read permissions mentioned above.