Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GPO administration right on the station for ordinary user

I verified the Wiki doc and here it works like described (without setting a filter). I did exactly what is described in the Wiki. To verify, I added a regular domain user to the domain group I set in the GPO, and after I log in as this user on a domain member, this account had local admin permissions.

Doesn't this work in your installation? What happens if you don't set the filter?

Some months ago my GPOs suddenly stopped being applied. After much head scratching I found that a Windows 7 security update had brought a change of behavior on the part of the Windows 7 clients.

MS16-072: Security update for Group Policy: June 14, 2016
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3159398

The following page explains the issues and the corrective measures.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3163622

In sum, the "Authenticated Users" and "Domain Computers" group MUST have Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO).

I reported this problem and its solution to this list:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2016-July/201546.html