[Samba] large memory usage while domain join
- Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:51:48 +0000
- From: Andrej Gessel via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] large memory usage while domain join
when i join my test domain (W2K8R2, 15.000 users and 15.000 groups) with samba 4.5.7 as rodc, samba-tool memory usage is increasing to 900MB while ntds.dat is only 150MB.
When i join my real domain (W2K8R2, ~130.000 objects, ~55.000 linked values) with the same compiled samba as rodc, i need more then 8GB of memory (2GB physical(hardware limitations) + 6GB swap). Ntds.dat is ~1.2GB
1. Is it normally, that samba-tool allocate 6xdatabase size from memory
2. Hold samba all partitions in memory till „Commiting SAM database“
* If ist true, is it possible to reduce memory usage while joining by split and committ he partitions?
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the