Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:58:53 +0200 (CEST)
osdc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One more thing: you recommend ad while L.P.H. van Belle recommends
> rid. I have read about the advantages and disadvantages of ad, rid
> and autorid. What is your reason for recommending ad?

You only really need to use the 'ad' backend if your users actually
login into a Unix machine AND want to specify different home dir paths
and/or login shells, with the 'rid' backend they all get the same home
dir path and shell.