Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:07:05 +0200 (CEST)
osdc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello Rowland,
>
> > Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hat am 29. März
> > 2017 um 20:28 geschrieben:
>

> > wbinfo goes straight to winbind, getent goes via nsswitch, so you
> > might not have the required packages installed.
>
> I have standard debian jessie with ssh and furthermore installed
> samba, smbclient, winbind, nsswitch, libnss-winbind, libpam-winbind,
> krb5, krb5-config, krb5-user

Hmm 'krb5' does this mean you have kerberos running on the Unix
domain server (what you call a fileserver) ?

> So I do not see what is missing. I have been trying to solve that
> problem with my old setup and ended up copying the idmap.ldb to my
> fileserver. Quite unsatisfying and dirty solution, but it helped. I
> would like to do it better this time.

Now that is odd, 'idmap.ldb' only exists on a DC, how did you install
your 'fileserver' ?