Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Failed to connect host xx on port 135 - NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Hello Rowland,

>> ---
>> # Global parameters
>> [global]
>>         username map = /etc/samba/user.map
> I am sure this has nothing to do with your problem, but you should
> remove the 'username map' line, it has no place on a DC.

ok, did so.

>> It really does not listen:
>> root@dc2:~# netstat -tulpan | grep "LISTEN" | grep "135" | wc -l
>> 0
>> Why does Samba not listen on port 135 anymore? How can I teach it to
>> start doing it again?
> It should be listening on port 135, is there a firewall in the way ?

root@dc2:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

> What daemons are running ?

root@dc2:~# pstree
        │          ├─{in:imuxsock}
        │          └─{rs:main Q:Reg}

> What is in /etc/resolv.conf

root@dc2:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain museum.rubens.world

> /etc/hosts /etc/krb5.conf ?

root@dc2:~# cat /etc/hosts	localhost	dc1.museum.rubens.world	dc1	samba-fs.museum.rubens.world	samba-fs

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Thank you for your quick reply.