Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba shared folders and windows 7 permissions dialog.

>BTW, the means(or method) used to set the account enumeration
>permissions on a samba server isn't a windows issue, AFAIK.... ;-)

Well, to be more precise it is both: it has something to do with specific Windows machines *and* Samba. Since it is flawless for other machines with the same Windows version and variant as well as using the same credentials and the same Samba instance.

>In the "smb.conf(5)" manpage, search for:
> winbind enum

Sadly it just describes configuration options "winbind enum groups" and "winbind enum users", but does not explain how come Samba is treating seemingly same machines differently.