Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba shared folders and windows 7 permissions dialog.

Hi, Rowland, thanks for your reply.

Neither of machines have samba users as their local users. This makes Windows ask for username and password upon connection, I suppose. However I'm not determined on what's the difference between those machines that show users and groups and those which don't. Nonetheless some of machines do display samba/ldap users, whilst others do not. Neither of them having samba users as local users, as I've already mentioned.

Also I have identified that neither of Windows XP machines show users and groups in permissions dialog, even though file and printer accessing has no problems on them.

Best regards.