Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] DC Upgrade Compiled to Package

Hi all-

Our domain controllers are old and hand-crafted and we are looking to replace them with the latest version (as well as make them easily redeployable).

Our current version is 2:4.0.6-12 (compiled from source and we hope to jump up to the latest packaged version as available in the Ubuntu Xenial repositories.

I've seen this page: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba and intend on reading the release notes as instructed, but was wondering if anyone had any additional things to look out for, especially related to going from a source installed version to a package installed version.

Mike Ray