Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] access DENIED for non-printserver bits

Hi,

If it does not matter, tell me which printer driver version are you using.

It's a driver for a Ricoh MFP but that does not matter because the
install wizard never even starts (so I never even get to point to
a driver). The "Access denied" happens before the installation would
have started.

V3 or V4 that is one you should know, because if its a "V4" driver,
then its not supported by samba.
And samba doe only support non-packaged aware printer drivers. ( see wiki )

Are you using spoolss or spoolssd ?

spoolss

Yes, I know WHERE it happens but not WHY... I need to know why so I can
do something about it.
Then provide the asked information, then i can help, without i can not.

And i hoop you did read :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Client

Yes, I have seen those. This has been working before (Samba 3.x). The
problems have started with Samba 4.x.

Regards,
Åke