Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] access DENIED for non-printserver bits

Hi,

Can you tell me the brand and driver of the printer your trying , that helps. ( or send me a
copy/link of the driver your installing )

That does not matter. When I try to add a driver, I get an "Access denied"
message befor the wizard starts.

I did find the error in the following source code of samba.
source3/rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c

but i cant help with that code much to complex for me, but at least you know is a "by samba"
generated error.

Yes, I know WHERE it happens but not WHY... I need to know why so I can
do something about it.

If your able to upgrade to 4.6 thats what you really want, since there has been lots of
improvements in printer drivers support for win10.

I'm working on that but I have the same problem from Win 7,
Win server 2008 and Win 10 so it's not a specific Win 10 problem..

Regards,
Åke