Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] rename Administrator account

>Sure you can rename it. Being a member of the right groups decite what
>an account can do.

>However, I don't understand how renaming the admin account improves the
>security. For example, every domain user can easily find out who is a
>member of the "Domain Admins" group:

>> dsquery group -name "Domain Admins" | dsget group -members
"CN=DomAdm,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com"

>Regards,
>Marc

Hi Marc,

I agree that is not the holy grail of security, but as an average user is not able to do a dsquery, it has some added value.

My customer asked me this, so I now I can tell him that it its possible,

cheers,

BC