Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:17:00 +0100
basti via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need the unix password for mail. the user should not be able to
> change this, if win* password is changed.

Most Linux mailservers should be able to authenticate with the AD
password, but I suppose you could use the Unix password.

> In the wiki i have read that you should not mix RSAT and samba-tool
> management, thats why i ask.

Where does it say this ?

> is there a way to set a unix password after a domain user is created?

I think you are going to have to write your own script around
ldbmodify/ldapmodify and the unixUserPassword attribute