Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.2X as a member server in ActiveDirectory functional level 2016 domain

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:18:24 -0500
Moby via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Rowland, sorry for the lack of clarity.  I meant can I setup
Samba 4.2.X as a domain member server so that, for example, I can
grant file system access to activedirectory principals.  From what
you say, it looks like this is possible.  Are you we should not
upgrade the domain functional level to 2016 if we have Samba machines
running as domain member servers?

You can upgrade the functional level on Windows DCs to what you require,
you just cannot do the same with Samba DCs, the maximum level at
present is 2008R2.

You should be able to use the Samba domain members with 2016, you
aren't actually altering AD (except for creating the computer account).

Rowland

Thanks Rowland.

Regards,
--Moby