Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problem with adding an Samba Member Server to a Samba AD Domain

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 07:48:27 +0100
Stefan Schäfer via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I found some threads here in the list with similar problems, but
nothing helped to solve my problem.

We have a very much to old Samba DC (Version 4.1.x) and a new Samba
4.5.6 which should act as a member server.
Don't suppose you can update the DC to a newer Samba version ?
I know, I have to....

smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -U administrator@baettenhausen.local
Enter administrator@baettenhausen.local's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

You should be able to fix this by adding this line to smb.conf:

     username map = /etc/samba/user.map

Then create the user.map:

nano /etc/samba/user.map
!root = BAETTENHAUSEN\Administrator BAETTENHAUSEN\administrator
Administrator administrator
This works for the Administrator account, but I have this Problem with all users.
It's a user mapping problem?

Here the krb5.conf
You only need:

[libdefaults]
          default_realm = BAETTENHAUSEN.LOCAL
          dns_lookup_realm = false
          dns_lookup_kdc = true
I tested this before, makes no difference.
If your TLD really is '.local' turn off Avahi on the domain member
Avahi isn't running.

Rowland

Stefan