Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Skip ACL checks

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to bypass Samba's ACL checks and delegate
access control completely to the underlying file system.

My problem arises from the following scenario: Our file system implements
ACLs that are to the best of my knowledge currently not readable by any of
the existing VFS modules. When trying to access a file with an ACL going
beyond the file's POSIX mode, access is denied by Samba. I guess this is
caused by an mechanism to derive an NT ACL from the mode. Is there any
possibility to skip Samba's permission checks?

Thank you in advance,

Quobyte GmbH, Berlin, AG Charlottenburg HRB 149012 B, Jan Stender, Felix
Hupfeld, Bjoern Kolbeck