Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Skip ACL checks

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to bypass Samba's ACL checks and delegate
access control completely to the underlying file system.

My problem arises from the following scenario: Our file system implements
ACLs that are to the best of my knowledge currently not readable by any of
the existing VFS modules. When trying to access a file with an ACL going
beyond the file's POSIX mode, access is denied by Samba. I guess this is
caused by an mechanism to derive an NT ACL from the mode. Is there any
possibility to skip Samba's permission checks?

Thank you in advance,
Christoph

--
Quobyte GmbH, Berlin, AG Charlottenburg HRB 149012 B, Jan Stender, Felix
Hupfeld, Bjoern Kolbeck