Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Allow user without uidNumber to access to a Samba member file server

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:56 AM Arnaud Cruzel via samba <
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like this behavior to permit computers to access to shares for
> installing application with GPO set on DC and applied to computers
> instead of users section in the GPO.

when a client connects to a share, smbd spawns a new process owned by that
user, which is why it needs a uid.  if you want your share to be readable
by anyone, look into the "map to guest" option to give users that can't be
validated an alternate uid.