Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba AD DC backup - again

Hey list.

I've searched all over last year conversations and it is (kinda) still
unclear about backups.

samba_backup script assumes that samba4 was installed from source, not
from repository.

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/backup-script is too
overfunctional for simple backup script. Really, I know how to write
shell scripts, but sometimes have headaches reading them ☺

The question is: is it enough to copy /var/lib/samba directory (with
samba turned off), which contains:

# ls /var/lib/samba/
account_policy.tdb  ntp_signd  private	registry.tdb  share_info.
tdb  sysvol  winbindd_cache.tdb  winbindd_privileged  wins.ldb

And /etc/samba && /etc/krb5.conf, or it should do something else?

--
With best regards,
Stanislav N. aka pztrn