Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Best way to integrate Unix with AD.

Hi all,

I know this is a little off topic (although it might not be because I'm sure there's a solution involving Samba!)... but I hope one of you fine people can advise me on the best approach to achieving an integrated directory supporting Unix/Linux as a first class citizen, storing autofs maps, as well as uid, gid and home folders for each user... and how would that be managed.

I see Microsoft is removing the Unix services extensions with Server 2016, so I'm really wondering what the best, and most long term sustainable way to integrate a directory so that both platforms operate as intended, and those users are manageable.

--
A. James Lewis (james@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxx))
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people