Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Memory leak samba 4.4.5 and authentications errors

Am 13.03.2017 um 10:47 schrieb Trenta sis via samba:
We are using samba 4.4.5, and we detected two issue, and we are not sure if
both errors are related...

1) memory leak
I have detected that It seems that samba 4.4.5 (AD mode) has a memory leak,
because after some time memory usage is very high, for example with an
environment with 150 users  and Samba server with 2GB RAM after 222 days
up, is using swap, and memory is increasing continuously...

I have searched in changelog of samba 4.4.10 but any clear information
about memory leaks, and before to upgrade we like to ensure if this is
solved or not...

you sould in general update because 4.4.5 to 4.4.10 is just a BUGFIX update with no feature changes - at least in case your are building your own binaries and your 4.4.5 is not from a distribution which backports improtant fixes