Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Toggling access denied when writing/deleting

Maybe I solved the problem myself. The problem is a toggling hostname.
When the machine boots up it has the hostname "localhost.localdomain".
When Samba starts right away it gets this hostname. But through DHCP the
machine gets another hostname. So it depends when Samba is started:
before or after the DHCP call.

According to this documentation the hostname plays an important role:
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/upgrades.html .

So I set the "netbios name" property in the smb.cnf and also set a fixed
hostname in /etc/hostname.

Hopfefully that will solve this problem.

Best regards