Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] ERROR: Invalid idmap range for domain *!

Today I upgraded two AD DCs to Samba 4.60.

All looks well. I noticed greater speed in some areas.

When I run "testparm", the output contains the following:

idmap range not specified for domain '*'
ERROR: Invalid idmap range for domain *!

"samba-tool testparm" does not output this. I remember that some efforts were put into unifying the behavior of these tools.

Although I suppose that "samba-tool testparm" is the proper way to check the config in the case of a AD DC, doesn't this bring some confusion to users? After all, the tool is telling the user that he has an "invalid idmap range for domain *". And with a "!" at the end! Is this supposed to be so or was it an oversight?