Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Standalone Samba in a Win2008 DC environment, transition to samba

Am 10.03.2017 um 18:41 schrieb Lin Pro via samba:
It is unclear to me what group membership should \\server\users  (or
/srv/samba/users) get if it is planned to be ina  standalone role...
and using only POSIX ACLs. The relevant wiki instructions are stating:

"Create the directory and set the correct permissions:

# mkdir -p /srv/samba/users/
# chgrp -R "Domain Users" /srv/samba/users/

# chmod 2750 /srv/samba/users/"

I added some sentences to be clear about this:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders#Using_POSIX_ACLs

Besides:
groupadd "Domain Users" produces a warning - not a valid group name

The groupadd does not support spaces in the group name. Use underscores.

Anyway, in a non-domain environment, naming a group "Domain Users" seems to guarantee confusion some day. :-)

Regards,
Marc