Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] I need to delete orphaned objects

Hi Denis,

Am 08.03.2017 um 16:19 schrieb Denis Morejon via samba:
I have two samba 4.1.9 as  domain controllers.  I want to join two new
samba servers (Current version)  as DC into the domain
in order to demote the old ones.

When I try to join as DC the first new samba, It can't synchronize
because of orphaned objects in the samba 4.1.9.

So, I want to remove such orphaned objects first. I can't do that using
samba-tool dbcheck --fix

A lot of code has been added/updated between 4.1.9 and recent versions.

I suggest to update the existing DCs to a recent version and then join the new DCs.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba

Regards,
Marc