Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

>> The next time, please say
>>
> This is email, I know what I meant, but you didn't, so I must try
> harder next time.
>>
>> > the button shown on the screenshot does not exist on Win7 and
>> > the share permission for Authenticated User is incorrect.
>> > instead of the entire page seems wrong.

I understand how you feel, but don't get discouraged, any feedback is
better than no feedback, people only tend to say something if there is
a perceived problem and then only if they can be bothered to.

I did not complain if people report bugs in docs I wrote. I really appreciate usable feedback to improve the docs.

I talked about comments like "the entire page seems wrong". This is no feedback. This only means that the author was incapable to produce something that doesn't work at all.

I'm frustrated by people not providing useful feedback or with respect. The ones who always know everything better and always force me to justify everything I wrote, without having ever provided a single page of documentation in the Wiki. Or at most just added/updated a few sentences occasionally, while I spend 10-15 hours each month to refresh docs, write new guides, test procedures, and update instructions before we ship a new major version.

Regards,
Marc

PS: In the end it might not matter what Windows version I use to capture screenshots on. I use screenshots only in exceptions to show things that are difficult when wrapped in text. If I know about any differences on other versions, I add a sentence next to the image. However, it makes more sense to me to use Win10 for the screenshots than from an outdated OS. I also don't use the output of Samba 4.4 commands in the guides, if there are newer versions available. If you think we should better provide docs that contain eight year old Win7 screenshots, please upload new images. Don't complain - just do.

<EOT>