Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

>The next time, please say
>> the button shown on the screenshot does not exist on Win7 and
>> the share permission for Authenticated User is incorrect.
instead of
>> the entire page seems wrong.

>It's very frustrating if you spend 8 hours writing such an instruction
>and get this kind of feedback. (Yes, that's the amount of time I need
>for a doc of this size and complexity including testing.)

>I just mentioned this because it's not the first time I read such
>comments. This really frustrates me, makes me thinking that I'm wasting
>a lot of my spare time, and often keeps me away from writing new content
>for a while.

>Regards,
>Marc

Hi,

I was the one suggesting the Windows 7 info.

Please do not take these suggestions as a token of ingratitude, they were a mere expression of the desire for completeness. In fact, I was able to find the correct Windows 7 settings by looking at the Windows 10 info.

We should all acknowledge the effort some people make in the open source field, especially as these efforts are rarely compensated in monetary ways.

Maybe we should call upon more volunteers to do stuff like adding wiki info.

BC