Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Am 07.03.2017 um 20:03 schrieb Bart Coninckx via samba:
To me they seem screenshots of a more recent Windows version,
> like Windows 2012 or 2016 server, or Windows 10 client.

It's Windows 10. When I rewrite or update pages with Win7/8 screenshots, I replace them with ones from the latest Windows client version. I think it makes more sense than using screenshots from older version.

> Maybe the wiki needs to be extended with pages for each
> OS version ...

We should really not have individual pages for each OS version. We still have duplicated content in the Wiki and I do my best to get rid of it. Duplicate content is very hard to maintain and often inconsistent. Often it is updated only on one place. We had a lot of such cases in our documentation.

If steps or procedures differ in Windows versions, we should of course mention the differences. However, not for versions, MS no longer supports, such as WinXP. Mostly it's enough to add just one sentence to make clear what's different. That's better than having instructions for each OS.

Regards,
Marc