Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Just checked with 'Computer Management' on Win7 and you could be
right, in fact, the entire page seems wrong, I wonder what version
of Windows Marc used ?

I really don't understand why you are saying that the _entire_ page
is wrong?

Perhaps 'wrong' is the wrong word ;-)

What I meant was, If I run Computer Management on Win7 , I do not get
the same options shown in the screenshots on that wikipage, so I cannot
set things as shown.

The next time, please say
> the button shown on the screenshot does not exist on Win7 and
> the share permission for Authenticated User is incorrect.
instead of
> the entire page seems wrong.

It's very frustrating if you spend 8 hours writing such an instruction and get this kind of feedback. (Yes, that's the amount of time I need for a doc of this size and complexity including testing.)

I just mentioned this because it's not the first time I read such comments. This really frustrates me, makes me thinking that I'm wasting a lot of my spare time, and often keeps me away from writing new content for a while.

Regards,
Marc