Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] new IP on an iface and nmb's behaviour

hi everyone,

I observe a peculiar "behaviour" behaviour of nmb, peculiar to me at least, could be that "this is how it works", thus asking.

If I add an IP on the iface that nmb is already operating then I see such a message:

Samba name server GOER is now a local master browser for workgroup PRIV_NET on subnet 192.168.2.204

204 is that new IP, but then windows boxes do not seem to get logon.bat nor the server is accessible via \\GOER Unfortunately domain runs in environment where DNS is managed by third parties thus need for nmb.

Can you tell if this is normal?
And how can it be fixed so nmb would still be accessible, either it does not care about this new IP or it does care but clients can get to it?

many thanks,
L.