Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Access denied, and other problems, trying to administer printers

Hi Marc.

It sounds like the problem that came up last summer, after MS updated the Windows print spooler.
For details and how to fix it in a Samba AD, see:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Client
s#Creating_a_GPO_for_Trusting_the_Print_Server

I have seen that but I guess it does not apppy in my situation (NT-domain).

You can easily figure out if this is your problem: Set up a new Win7 client without applying the
updates. If you can preconfigure drivers and connect to the printers on this machine, then
MS16-087 is your problem.

Tested that but it still fails in the same way. Maybe I should have mentioned
that connecting to the printers and using them to print does work. It's just
the management part that fails.

Regards,
Åke