Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

What do you know: I experimented a bit with directory depths and all of a sudden I get the security tab. Me happy. For a very short while that is, because now I cannot open the DC anymore when I want to manage it. I now get "The program cannot open the required dialog box because no locations can be found."

You don't need to "experiment a bit with directory depths". Just use absolute paths in share definitions, not relative ones.
Where in the filesystem tree is your "separate EXT4 volume" mounted?