Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

>> I just realized that I omitted an important piece of information and
>> that is that I am using a separate EXT4 volume for my shares. I just
>> did a test and it seems that shares on the same volume as sysvol and
>> netlogon funtion as expected but shares on the second volume have the
>> issue.
>> I just mounted that second volume with explicit acl and user_xattr
>> options in fstab, but this makes no difference.

>It wouldn't, amongst the defaults for EXT4 are 'acl' & 'user_xattr' and
>it shouldn't matter if the shares are on a different partition.

I agree. Yet it does. I just did the tests on https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/File_System_Support , which went successfull, so my EXT4 volume has the necessary attributes activated. For Samba there must exist a difference in between my root volume and my data volume.

This is my smb.conf currently:

# Global parameters
netbios name = LX01
realm = DOMAIN.COM
workgroup = DOMAIN
dns forwarder =
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain.com/scripts
read only = No
read only = No
        path = /data/smb/data
        read only = No