Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 16:48:47 +0100
Reindl Harald via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WTF - i don't need it beause i am satisfied with the Fedora repo -
> but since i *never* install any software on any production machine
> without build a proper RPM for maintainaince reasons *for sure* i
> will not shut up to recommend learning to build a package to anybody
> which types "make install" into any terminal for whatever software

Typical, you tell everybody 'do it my way', but wont explain just how
to do it for a particular package, in this case, Samba.

What I was trying to get across, this is the Samba mailing list and as
such, creating debs or rpms has no place here, it should be on the
relevant OS pages. If you can help someone with a Samba problem, then
this help will be welcome, but saying that you shouldn't compile Samba
with 'make install' isn't.

This is getting the OP nowhere, so I suggest we leave it there, before
one of us says something we later regret.