Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba High CPU usage

Quoting Patrik Laszlo via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Just a simple question. Do you know how to make it use lower CPU usage. How can I configure Samba Domain Controller to use less CPU? My server is using for every HTTPS AUTH PAM.D LDAP / SSH / WIndows Network / Windows Login, but it is a simple login. How can it is so slow? How can I make it faster? Or use it like SQL server backend or something? Sometimes, when I copy like 1000 files form one file to another server it goes beyond 50%.

Looks a bit high for me.

Any options?

What is your debugging/logging level? I have seen high debugging levels drive high CPU usage.

How many users?

What is your underlying storage?  Wait times?  I/O latency?

Is the the samba process specifically driving the high CPU utilization?

Are you doing lots of authentication requests via pam_krb5? (that can be the slowest form of authentication).