Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

Am 05.03.2017 um 15:47 schrieb Bart Coninckx via samba:
I think your problem is being caused by the OS not knowing your users
and groups, have a look here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC

I will look into that, cheers!

But before you do that, UPGRADE your Samba version. I said that there
have been a lot of improvements, one of them is the 'winbind' built
into the 'samba' binary has been replaced by the same separate
'>winbindd' binary used on a domain member, this by its self is worth
upgrading for.

Would you advise to start new again or do an upgrade, respecting the current config and Active Directory?

as you currently don't have a working as desired setup i would start from scratch because you can't distinct between probably upgrade related problems and others in your current state

normally purge the configs and *also* "/var/lib/samba" which contans all the databases should bring you in a state like nothing tried before