Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 01:12:26 +0100
Bart Coninckx <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Did you miss:
>
> >https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs#Setting_Share_Permissions_and_ACLs
>

> No, this part of the wiki made me realize I have a problem. It talks
> about changes via the security tab. I don't have that tab. That is
> the whole problem.

No that isn't your whole problem, your main problem is that you are
running a version of Samba that will not get ANY updates and is several
versions behind the most up-to-date version, which means it is missing
a lot of improvements.

As for the missing security tab, this could be a windows problem, or it
could be something in your smb.conf, so can you please post this.