Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba as BDC: unable to write on shared folders

Hi Spedale, Can I suggest you speed up, overtake that slow, liable to
breakdown NT4 domain and use a Samba AD domain ?

I think you will find it easier than trying to get the NT4-style domain
working, plus you get the opportunity to manage it from windows via
ADUC, or from Linux via samba-tool.

Thank you Rowland! Surely I will follow your advice in the coming months when we acquire the new office server.
For now I was hoping to solve the problem and to secure the network.
do you see something wrong in smb.conf?
Or is there any test I can do to see if the problem is the samba configuration or the permissions on the server?