Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] DDNS-filover in wiki

Am 27.02.2017 um 11:07 schrieb Stefan Kania via samba:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> you added the failover to your wiki:

I think I found a little bug in your howto. You defined the part for the
failover:
## Primary ##
failover peer "dhcp-failover" {
  primary;
  address dc1.samdom.example.com;
  peer address dc2.samdom.example.com;
  max-response-delay 60;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  mclt 3600;
  split 128;
  load balance max seconds 3;
}
##########

## Secondary ##
failover peer "dhcp-failover" {
  secondary;
  address dc2.samdom.example.com;
  peer address dc1.samdom.example.com;
  max-response-delay 60;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  mclt 3600;
  load balance max seconds 3;
}
##########

On the webpage of isc:
https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00502/0/A-Basic-Guide-to-Configuring-DHCP-Failover.html

they said:
The parameter mclt (Maximum Client Lead Time) must be defined on the
primary.  It must NOT be defined on the secondary.

One more thing:
Maybe it would be a good idea to mention, that the "failover peer
"dhcp-failover" " section must be defined before the subnet-section. If
you put it after the subnet-section the dhcp-server will not start.

Stefan